I’ve been debating posting this for a while because my before pictures are so ridiculous and embarrassing, but I got to this whatever point and I’m just like this is me take it or leave it.
ANYWAY, this post will be sharing my beauty routine, and I promise I don’t look THAT bad before makeup but sometimes I think I’m being funny and the results are more horrifying than I anticipate. C’est la vie.
We live in a time of facades and fakeness – with some people literally crumbling under the pressure from trying to live a “fake” life for instagram and the media. I thought it would be a good time to share a little more behind the scenes than I’d usually be comfortable with.
Please note, I am never going to show my bare, makeupless face on the internet again. But for the sake of transparency, behold my babe-a-licious morning mug… and the head transplant routine that takes ten minutes.
The concept was prompted by before and after snapchats I sent a friend. Feast your eyes yet again…
Please tell your eyes I send my condolences.
But like… yay transparency! ehhhh…
Let’s move on. Makeup!
The steps are simple:
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer with a sponge
- Apply base mascara/conditioner (mine is Chanel)
- Under eye concealer via First Aid Beauty – Eye Duty Triple Remedy
- A little cream blush (bareMinerals pop of passion)
- Brow brushing and lining with an Anastasia pencil
- Cream eyeshadow – Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye Colour in gold
- Liquid liner, in a thin line with a slight wing off the edge
- Mascara – Chanel Inimitable Intense
- Lip color of the day; this day was NYX soft matte lip cream in Antwerp
Sometimes I wear more, but most of the time I wear less, honestly. However, the results really speak for themselves; here’s the after picture again (so you can see it without being forced to see the “before” photo):
So in lieu of getting a head transplant, try this 10 minute “natural glow” routine and see how it goes!